Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars: Book Review


When I first bought this book, I was hesitant and unsure if I was going to like it.  Many people preached that this book had made them feel so many emotions--joy, happiness, sadness, and more--and so due to my love of emotional roller coasters in books, I decided to pick up this book.

The Fault in Our Stars is about a young girl, named Hazel, with thyroid cancer, only giving her so much time to live.  While at a support group, Hazel comes across hottie Augustus, often called Gus.  Gus had his leg amputated due to a previous cancer, and becomes a major support system for Hazel as she struggles with her terminal illness.

This novel, while being amazingly written, is not about anything that a person would want to have happen to them.  The end, which had me crying my eyes out, left me feeling kind of empty, and I hated that.  And while I knew there was going to be a sad ending, I was hoping that things would get better.

And like sometimes in life, it just doesn't.

I give this book a 4.5 star, mostly due to the fact that I didn't like the end, although I do think it's a book every person should read.  If you're in for a quick read, then head on over to your nearest bookstore, because The Fault in Our Stars is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment